Job Opening : Facilities Coordinator
Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
830 23rd Street S
Arlington, Virginia 22202
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church in Arlington, Virginia, an active suburban parish with approximately 2,000 parishioners, seeks a full-time Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator. Performs regular and ad hoc maintenance, cleaning, and handyman tasks on a campus that includes a Church, Rectory Residence and Office, and a Parish Hall with kitchen and classrooms. Keeps facilities and grounds clean, presentable, safe and in good repair. Ensures a habitable environment for staff, parishioners, and clergy. Fulfills maintenance work orders. Serves as point of contact for regular facility inspections and repair/maintenance projects performed by independent contractors. Must pass a background check and complete Diocesan child protection compliance requirements. 40 hrs/week plus benefits.
- Handyman abilities: basic repair, assembly, electrical, plumbing, painting, room setup and takedown, and facility maintenance.
- Carpentry abilities: repairing dry walls, sanding, repairing furniture, painting, caulking, and similar skills.
- General knowledge: OSHA standards, safety equipment, generators, sprinkler systems, alarm panels, smoke detectors, and fire code regulations.
- Basic knowledge: HVAC, plumbing, gas, electric, and hot water units.
- Prioritize tasks to meet multiple campus needs and resolve issues
- Team player with a positive and cooperative can-do attitude.
- Reports to the Office Manager.
- Responds in a timely manner to calls, emails and texts from Pastor, Office Manager and staff during scheduled work hours. Parish cell phone can be provided.
- Responsive to evening/weekend calls for emergency maintenance.
- Able to work in and out of an office setting.
- Respect for the Catholic Faith.
- Approachable and maintains positive communications with neighbors and community associations, parishioners, staff, and volunteers.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Performs basic cleaning, upkeep, set-up/take-down, and campus maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment, including basic ad hoc HVAC, electrical, plumbing and physical repairs.
- Ascertains when contractors need to be called, serves as primary contact and coordinator with contractors, assists Office Manager in follow up/resolution/documentation once repairs are completed.
- Inspect facilities’ structures, devices, and systems for efficient operation and to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Orders maintenance and cleaning supplies within a budget
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Oversees parish security systems, parking lot rules, general security awareness
- Works with Office Manager to: develop a deferred maintenance plan for 3, 5 and 10 years; tracks short to mid term maintenance needs; reviews expenditures and utilities for cost comparisons and containment; participates in bidding/selection phase of any major renovation or repair; documents all facility related activities and expenditures
- Assists ad hoc projects to improve facility/grounds
- Runs work related errands on behalf of Office Manager, Housekeeper, and Office Staff. Provides general help to move boxes/deliveries between campus buildings.
- Cooperates with staff and volunteers to assist with event, holiday and liturgical set-ups and take-downs.
- Keeps track of parish equipment and property.
- Attends monthly Staff meetings and weekly team meetings
- Occasional availability on holidays, evening and off hours for ad hoc emergencies. Occasional weekend work for holiday preparation or parish events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional ambulatory and physical working skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb ladders, handle electrical wiring and basic maintenance activities, navigate crawl spaces, manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to medium weight up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to inspect campus roof and basements.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use basic construction and maintenance tools.
- Must be able to climb ladder higher than 10 feet
- Reliable transportation, and be able to come to the campus in case of emergency on holidays, nights, days, weekends.
Regular hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
To apply: please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For questions: please call 703-684-9261